Spoils of War2: Primeval Twilight 8/11 Update
- Demo Scenario
- New Combat System
- Disabled Content
- Known Issues
You’ve landed on the Jernberg island and the forces are awaiting orders on the shore ready for full scale invasion!
This update will focus on the new combat system.
New Combat System
Units now appear on screen and are interactive on the world map!
Assaulting: Previously the Combat System entailed just clicking on the city and allocating the number of units desired to attack. Now the it’s determined by the unit selected to attack the city.
Raid: Currently raiding a city have a 50/50 chance of being successful. Upon success the player will be allocated resources into their resource pool however if failed the player will be ambushed and sustain damage from the defending unit.
Background music was added to the game. Volume can be adjusted in the settings options in the Game Overworld.
The following windows are currently disabled due to the changes in the system. The will be reinstated once the adjustments are finished.
War Room Unit Purchasing: This will be re-enabled when we balance the unit cost and stats to match the current combat system.
Raid: Currently raiding a city have a 50/50 chance of being successful.
- When dragging while a unit is selected, the unit may move if dragging on a valid move tile
- After destroying a unit on a city. Player will automatically claim the city without the unit moving on the city.
- Due to balancing of the game and no valid spawn points. Unit purchases is currently disabled.
- After victory, the units are still interactable through the victory window.
- The game starts at Turn 0. (Will fix next update)
Visual-Novel.info is the biggest website for every kind of visual novels in germany. They post articles, patches, news and everything related to visual novels in due time. They also host a thriving community of visual novel enthusiasts on discord. Check them out.
*Yawn…* still waking up from the weekend.
- Quick Update
- Website Related
- Game Development
- Tools Development
- French Localization for Tower of Five Hearts is under testing at Eroges.com! Look forward to it!
- The Couch Update for Android Scheduled for this week
- The Little Black Bestiary: “A Dragon’s Treasure” update is available now on itch.io!
So a majority of the formatting was discussed on how the game pages should look and feel (thanks to Sommelier from Venus Noire). The backgrounds on the pages for mobile have been modified to use repeat-y to ensure that mobile users get a background while scrolling through these pages.
This week like the weeks before are going to be hectic. Will need to finish and conclude work for Dystopian Project on Claire’s Quest, and due to me not being able to concentrate very long on a single thing, I’m probably going to have to draw out the inventory then walk through and see how RPG Maker MV will handle it (usually it doesn’t and I end up brute forcing the damn thing anyways).
Jessika’s Curse is looking forward to a Town, Inventory and Equipment update by the end of this month. As of today it is past the middle of the month and the deadline is looming, sometimes I wonder who’s going to die of exhaustion first, me or Sommy. Anywho, look forward to the next video as last update was the Lust system and due to Seeds of Chaos updates I was reluctant to post on an adult streaming site since it required me to make a SFW version for Youtube and an uncensored version to cover that update.
The first combat prototype for SelectaCorp just came out last Friday. You can download a copy here if you’re a backer for their game. Currently the combat is “Risk”-like but will soon be updated to join the fray of mainstream 4x games with lewd content.
Lastly for external development, Yulia’s Saga is underway using Game Maker Studio 2. This is a SFW production so it’ll probably make some headway in the SFW production side of MMIS. At the time, this is the most comprehensive indie project that we’re undertaking due to planning, paperwork, and the staff members involved to work on this project. Look forward to it!
There’s not much to say so here’s a breakdown (forgive the abbrev.):
- Entity Manager C++, C#, and GML. Will be usable in Unity3D and Gamemaker Studio 2 (not tested for GMS).
- Data Import/Export for GMS2.
- Dungeon Biome creator for JC (Unity) and YS (GMS2)
- Tile based combat system for 4x (SaC).
There are several documentation from clients that we’ll be reviewing in order to break down and make easier to read for production. We’re taking some great time and lengths in order to transcribe these documentation from text documents into diagrams, tables, mockups, and task lists.
So I just came off of a near 40 hour marathon session in working and completing. Have a headache, sore throat, and some cold symptoms. Then I realized that I needed to clean up the office after such a long task, sure it was “ok” at best.
Later I get on a phone call with Skyninja to attempt to finalize the web-version of the site, not necessarily the mobile version as of yet. There’s still some kinks to the site but I guess some of these issues will be fleshed out over time.
On another note, Sacb0y is over at the office to work today. I did offer Cypress that I would punch him so he can’t leave and get his work done. That cat refused and Sacb0y somehow sorta/kinda fixed the dev blog section. After we have it down I’ll probably make more posts about the daily misadventures of avoiding work and responsibilities.
(this is a repost from Patreon)
Sorry this took so long, I’ve been working tirelessly to get this build in a state I found acceptable for public use. Unfortunately, I didn’t meet all my goals mainly in relation to dialogue, but I’m still doing FAR more than i originally intended at the start of last month.
I’m sorry but android builds will have to wait, there’s a ton of issues like performance and some broken functions. I simply can’t release it as is, but I will be releasing test builds to patrons until things work properly.
So I hope you guys enjoy this, and look forward to future updates, cause at this point, it’s mostly just refining a few features, and expanding on content. But considering I just spent 3-4 days working on this to get the game to it’s current state, I feel like I may slow down a bit this monthjust to make sure I’m caught up on other work cause I’m expected to do a lot this month, and I have family stuff. But they’re things you guys will be able to play and get access to soon. And I’ll post those here.
So that said, the request raffle will not be today, but the next weekend likely on the 13th, a Sunday. Sorry if you were looking forward to that but I’m completely unprepared at the moment, and I want to perform at my best. Do be sure to get your requests ready! The Patron request post will come soon.
Now back to whats in this build since v0.1.0, also you’ll notice a slight change to how I’ll be referring to builds from now on…
- In-game “choices” have been implemented and replaced the temporary “mood” menu, and also bringing back the boneration dialogue. In the future choice here for what to say to Naomi will affect your story route and ending. Right now all the choices are static, but they will be dynamic in the future based on what actions you take, or other choices.
- Dynamic in-game dialogue has been implemented, but needs to be completed. Right now there’s 30+ dialogue lines that play on a variety of conditions, but the way the dialogue updates seems inconsistent. So it might not be clear what actions triggered certain dialogue. This feature was not supposed to be in this build, so these issues are expected. It’s only a beginning. Also the display of this dialogue will be changed in the future to look more like a log you can scroll through.
- Cum counter is functional but doesn’t impact anything. in the future this will separate “Main story” and “Free mode”, but right now the modes aren’t any different, free mode only skips the intro. In the future in the main story cumming twice will end the game giving you an ending and not allowing further action. Clicking “finish” now will only give you some information and thanks.
- Expanded intro with cleaned up sketch art in the interest of making things a nicer quality and getting to do more Naomi art, I cleaned up the images for the intro more. These are still temporary s they are, but will be there for a good while until more story elements get done. And for people who haven’t played previous builds, the story has been expanded a lot to flesh out the current relationship between you and Naomi.
- Residual Cum now shows on the dick! I figured this was a nice touch…
- “Early Patron” credits added! Thanks for all your support! I’ve removed people who voted “No” on the previous poll, but if you’d like to be removed from this permanent place on the Credits, or if i missed you, please let me know! This is for all Patrons who have supported before the first public release.
- In-game change log added! Even includes the full history as far as version updates are concerned. Now everyone can easily see how far we’ve come!
- “Coming soon” added, clicking “finish” will now show a quick slideshow and credits. Along with including the original voice line seen in the demo. This will be here until endings are added.
- Minor audio implementation of sex sounds, not ideal.
- Other bug fixes…
- Proper audio implementation, at the moment it’s really simple, and honestly probably not timed right. This will be a bigger focus in future builds, along with adding moans and such.
- Further dialogue system improvements part of the issue is there’s not proper support for multiple conditions, nor do conditions affect choices. Plus, we need a better timing solution for checking for conditions in an optimized way.
- Ending scene 1 it’s time to get to content! The next sex scenes will be simpler to make than the main one, and I want to get to making those asap!
- More poses for main gameplay i’m projecting this to be kind of easy to do, just not sure where it lies on the priority list.
In other news we’re considering some options to accelerate development, we’ll update on those later, how that goes depends on a variety of factors.
Thanks for all your support! This is a awesome milestone, and we couldn’t have gotten here so fast without your support!
- Spoils of War 2: Primevan Twilight 8/11 August 10, 2018
- Partners August 4, 2018
- End of Weekend Update July 16, 2018
- Dying and Waiting July 15, 2018
- The Couch v0.1.4 Public Release! And plans for the month. May 5, 2018